A web development company is different than a web design company. Many small businesses don’t need a development plan. A simple web design plan is enough. If you plan to offer multiple product lines for sale through your website, however, then you would benefit from a web development plan.
Web development involves aspects of design integration with an e-commerce strategy. Rather than simply throwing up a brochure website, you plan a sales strategy around a website with multiple strategic initiatives. Perhaps you have more than one market segment that you serve or you have multiple product lines and brands, each with its own marketing plan. If that is the case then a web development company can help.
The benefits of using a web development specialist are:
- A website that is as easy to navigate and as functional as it is attractive;
- Consultation with a designer to discuss unique site structure needs;
- Your website will be tested in all the major browsers for usability and functionality;
- Shopping cart integration;
- Flexibility and access to a variety of technologies to aid in design and development;
- Your site will have a unique look and feel based on what is important to you.
Web development is more than just building a website that looks pretty. It is development of a full marketing plan around your website and ensuring that your website is functional, attractive, easy to navigate and profitable.