The online content market seems a bit saturated due to the many blogs that are out there and the many more that are started every day. Is it overly saturated? Or can blogging still make your business grow?
While it’s true that there are probably too many blogs today, it’s also true that a well written blog that provides value for its readers can be a big boon to your business. Not only can blogging make your business grow, but your website’s traffic will likely grow if you have one on your website.
There are several reasons why blogging is good for business and your website traffic:
- Every blog post is a new web page. That means that for every blog post you add to your website the more chances you have at achieving high search engine rankings;
- Every blog post updates your website and invites the search engine spiders back to your site to crawl it again. That means your blog is re-crawled, re-indexed and re-ranked with every update;
- The links from your blog to your main website or internal pages of your website give search engines more crawlable space;
- If you optimize your blog well then you’ll improve your chances of ranking in the search engines and that will increase your traffic to the blog;
- Bookmarking your blog posts and sharing them on social networking websites can attract new traffic to your website as well;
- By engaging with your customers on your blog you have a better opportunity to build solid relationships with your customers and watch your business grow as a result.
There are a lot more benefits to having a blog for your business and all of them point to one overarching truth: A blog can make your business grow.