There are plenty of Internet marketing “gurus”, “ninjas” and self proclaimed experts who will pontificate, theorize and expound at length over the latest fad in Internet marketing or tell why the next trend is the next big thing in marketing. But true Internet marketers are the ones who stick to the tried and true proven methods. Here are 5 Internet marketing strategies that are proven to work, have worked for thousands of online entrepreneurs and will probably work for you too if you do them correctly.
- Search Engine Optimization – We might as well start with the basics. SEO is still the No. 1 Internet marketing tool. It is the biggest source of traffic for the lion’s share of businesses online. No website should ever be built without a search engine optimization strategy. It’s like starting a restaurant without the food.
- Pay Per Click Marketing – Spend money, make money. That’s the name of the game. Pay per click marketing works. Many people have done it and have been successful. Write good ads and send traffic to well optimized landing pages and you’ll convert sales. Pay only when you get a click. It’s one of the best Internet marketing strategies there is despite any downsides you may have heard about.
- Blogging – OK, I’m willing to admit that not everyone needs a blog. But many people have used a blog for marketing and it works. Do it well and it works great.
- Website Development – This might seem like a no-brainer, but you can’t do business online without a website. Well, you can, but you can do more and be more successful with one. Besides, there is website development and there is poor website design. Do it right the first time.
- Link Building – Links work. If well placed they can drive massive traffic to your website, increase your search engine presence and make it easier for people to find your website. Link building is probably the least understood yet one of the most important aspects of running a Web business.
There are a ton of Internet marketers willing to talk about the benefits of social media, Twitter, video marketing, mobile marketing and the next big thing. I’m not saying none of these things work, but they haven’t been proven to be mainstays in the Internet marketing arsenal of useful marketing techniques. Maybe social media marketing is making its way onto the list, but so far there have only been a few marketers who have used it to great advantage. Video marketing and mobile marketing are still new to the scene.
When it comes to marketing your business online, your safest bet is to put your money and your time into proven strategies like these.